Saturday, October 16, 2010

Yan Ting Restaurant Review



Light spongy, a creamy coconut taste – these were my first thoughts on Yan Ting’s delicious Thousand Layer Cake. Yan Ting restaurant is a must for Dim Sum lovers in Singapore. This is a good Singapore Restaurant.

Getting in the top 25 restaurants for 2009 in Singapore and voted by Singapore’s Best Restaurant Guide for 2009 just proves how good it is. As soon as you walk in you see a collection of jade pots and little dining booths. My visit to Yan Ting restaurant was very pleasant. My favourite dish was the Crispy Shrimp Dumpling. The reason it stood out to me was it was in an extremely light batter and when you bit into it there was an explosion of flavors. 


                              



Crispy Shrimp dumplings (Right) Crystal Water Chesnutt Cake  
The three-meat dish was also very tasty. The meat (duck, pork, and chicken) was very lean, juicy and non-fatty which you rarely find in other restaurants. I would definitely go back for those two dishes alone. The Roast Pork was the only dish I was disappointed with because it was cold, if they warmed it up it would be much nicer. The weirdest dish that came was the Crystal Water Chestnut Cake. It was a chunk of jelly with a chestnut in the middle but tasted surprisingly nice.

The service was extremely good. All the staff had an amazingly wide knowledge of the dishes and guided us (my family) to what we should have. The menu had a very big variety of Dim Sum with something for every one. 

     
Where: 29 Tanglin Road
The St. Regis, Singapore
Ph: 6506 6866
 Open: Weekdays 11:45am-3: 30pm, 6pm-11pm
 Food: 4/5
Service:5/5
Ambience:4/5
Price: $50 a head
Kido Meter: 1/5 I wouldn't come here on my own, only if your parents bring you. It is a fancy resturant so depending on your parents you would have to dress up in fancy clothes. But the food is gr8!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nick,
    Thanks for the review. I shall save my pennies and head to the restaurant soon :)
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete